Increase Sports Performance and Prevent Injury with Strong Eye Health
May 05, 2015 02:06PM
- Dynamic Visual Acuity – Which allows you to see objects clearly while in motion
- Eye Tracking-the ability to keep “your eyes on the ball”, no matter how fast it may be travelling.
- Eye Focusing- changing focus quickly and accurately from one distance to another
- Peripheral Vision – seeing people and objects “out of the corner of your eye” while concentrating on a fixed point.
- Fusion flexibility and stamina- the ability to keep both eyes working together even under high speed, physically stressful situations.
- Depth perception – quickly and accurately judging the speed of objects.
- Visualization- Picturing events with your “minds eye” or imagination.
Per the American Board of Sports Chiropractic Physicians, 5.6 % of sports related injuries are concussions; however, a full 65% of these injuries may go unreported, and as a result, untreated. The benefits of strong visual skills increase performance, and are invaluable in preventing injury during such activity. It can be the all important factor that pushes a good athlete into the next level of excellence.
Location: Hunterdon Vision Therapy Center, 1465 Route 31 S, Annandale. For more information, call 908-730-6774 or visit HunterdonVisionTherapy.com.